Sunday 17 June 2007

Cerro Mistral Observatory

Well I can concur that the Elqui Valley probably does have the best star gazing in the world. I saw Saturn, Neptune, Jupiter, the Milky Way, other galaxies, numerous constellations and much more. I only looked a little stupid when I asked where the Big Dipper and the North Star were. Apparantly we dont all look at the same sky. Thats only in the Northern hemisphere. I did get to see the Southern Cross though. The whole thing would have been better had I not been to a good observatory in Zurich with my Mum last year and seen Saturn already. Im not sure it was worth waiting 3 days for but however itll still be a good memory only slightly tainted by the inane yack coming from the American. Thankfully, we have parted ways now. My patience was wearing thin.

Im in Calama, northern Chile now. I came to see the nearby coppermine only to find out it is closed on Sundays. I have long since given up knowing what day of the week it is. Im going to wait till tomorrow to visit it. Its lucky Im not on a tight schedule.

1 comment:

Caroline said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR JULIE!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABE!!

HOPE YOU HAVE A FANTASTIC BIRTHDAY!

LOVE YOU! C XX