Wednesday 13 June 2007

La Serena & Pisco Elqui

Sorry about big throat rant. I must have been feeling really sorry for myself. Thanks bros for the funny comments and Caroline for her more appropriate concerned comment. I spent two days in La Serena watching tv and only venturing out for a menu del dia and feel much better now.

I left my expensive winter coat (prezzie from Ogmore et al) in Papudo which is a little annoying but it was time for a colour change anyway. With my red hair, red coat and red scarf, I looked a little ridiculous anyway. Im feeling grey/blue now so Ive bought a new coat, hat, scarf and gloves to keep me warm, all from the same pallete. Maybe it was the shopping fix that made me feel better.

Im now in a wicked town in the Elqui Valley called Pisco Elqui. Its pretty deserted cause its the off season but I love it. Not like anywhere Ive ever been. Im staying in an amazing colonial mansion hostel with an American girl I met. (No, I dont just talk to boys!). We went to a pisco distillery today for a very interesting tour. Admittedly, the product was far superior to that which I got drunk on, my first night in Santiago, however, it was still disgusting, but the tour was very informative. I did it in Spanish and understood nearly everything. Gold star for me. This is supposed to be the best place in the world for star gazing. Unfortunately for me, there is a lot of cloud cover at the moment so I can see nada. Hopefully it will rain, so I can see something.

1 comment:

isobel said...

Glad you're feeling better, it's never nice being sick when you're away from home. I love reading about your travels keep up the blogging I can't wait to see where you go next.

Isobel, x