Thursday 7 June 2007

Valpariso-best place so far







I finally left the madness that was BA. It was a 22hr bus journey to Chile but the view as we passed through the Andes was spectacular. Decided to stay in a family run hostel so that I could take it easy for a bit, but met some cool English guys and we ended up going on the piss last night. I conquered my fear of karoke. There was noone else in the whole place apart from us which is the only reason I got up. I even managed to do a second song. It was really liberating. I dont think Ive any other fears now. Afterwards we went to an amazing jazz club. Talk about two ends of the spectrum. The scout leader in me came out today. I read the guide book, planned the day and got the boys out of bed rather reluctantly for a day of sightseeing. We went to Pablo Neruda´s house- famous Chilian poet, and Casa de Lukas, a famous charicaturist and then we walked for hours around the hills of the town looking at artists wall murals. I love the architcture and colours. I think this is the nicest town Ive ever been to. I could easily see myself living here. I want to stay longer but Johnners cousin is picking me up tomorrow.

2 comments:

Dave Cotter said...

Hi Jules. I'm still reading all your posts. Have fun. Dave

Rojo said...

What songs?? :-)