Friday 24 August 2007

Road trip

Were on the road and its a good laugh but Im sick again. Immune system not able for it I suppose so Ive been off the booze for the last few nights. Its return of the evil throat infection Im afraid but Ive caught it early and know the drugs I need this time, and here you dont need a prescription for anything, so Ive been able to sort myself out. Having researched it a bit I think I might have actually had a bad dose of strep throat in Chile which was undiagnosed and I understand I can look forward to having several relapses. Great. Not sure if I mentioned it before but Im defo off the fags for good again.

Our first night of the trip, we stayed in a hotel. A Peruvian porter helped us bring our bags to the room. Turns out, he didn´t work there and he nicked one of the lads day bags on his way out. Clever scam. Not one of us picked up on it. Its a pain in the ass. Weve spent the last two days at the police station and trying to meet consulates etc. Hes got a South African and British passport. The soonest he can get either is 2 weeks and thats back in Lima, where we have come from. He wanted to be in Ecuador in a week which isn´t going to happen. Poor pet.

Everyone is broke after partying in Cusco and Lima so were saving money by sharing hotel rooms. We fit 8 people, also known as the octopod, in a double and two singles pushed together last night. Boy, girl, boy, girl of course. Fun times.

Were supposed to be doing something cultural today- Sun and Moon ruins but they close at 4pm and its now 1.30 and most people are still in bed so Im not overly optimistic. I am confident however that we´ll make it out tonight. Funny that.

No comments: